When choosing a therapist it is good to do your research.
Hypnotherapy is highly respected field and recognised by the British Medical Association. Take a look at this handy checklist below when researching the right therapist for you.
- Choose one that clearly states that they have trained and are qualified with a professional education centre which is recognised by the Association of Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP).
- Ensure that your hypnotherapist has a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- In addition to this it is also imperative that they are registered with independent professional bodies such as the APHP, NCH, NRPC, CNHC, GHR, etc and receiving regular CPD as this will ensure that your therapist is at the top of their game and abiding by a strict code of conduct.
- Word of mouth is probably the best way of finding the best therapist as a tried and tested practitioner their results speak for themselves.
- Seek a therapist who offers a free initial consultation so that you can meet with your therapist to see if they are right for you. Never underestimate your gut instinct, in therapy rapport is everything.
- When deciding which therapist you go to see ensure you ask about the structure of the therapy. A good therapist should explain all this to you, whilst it is not possible to say exactly how many sessions you should have you should feel you are in control as to how many sessions you have to ensure it is affordable to you.
- The most expensive therapist may not be the best, likewise the cheapest therapist may also not end up being the cheapest if you have to see them for longer in order to receive results, you can get a good gauge about the therapist and therapy in your initial consultation and a good therapist should want to review your situation after 3 or so sessions to ensure the best results.