Hypnobirthing is almost more a philosophy than it is a technique. It is a thoroughly rewarding and stress-free approach to giving birth, based on the belief that all babies should be born into the world in a calm and gentle way. When a mother is physically, mentally and spiritually prepared for birthing, she can experience joy, birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable, and in some cases pain free manner.
Using a well thought out programme of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis and education, this course allows a woman to summon her natural birthing instincts and give birth to her baby in safety and with ease. Hypnobirthing is based on the belief that severe discomfort does not need to be a natural accompaniment of childbirth.
In the course we cover what actually happens physiologically during child birth and how the body has a complete tool kit at the disposal of the birthing mother to aid childbirth.
The Advantages of the Hypnobirthing approach:
- Eliminates fear before, during and after birthing
- Reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical anaesthesia, episiotomy and other interventions
- Lessens fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and energised as she brings her baby into the world.
- Often shortens the thinning and opening phase of labour by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilise the natural pulsations of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time. This in turn can reduce the risk of pelvic floor damage.
- Brings the mother, the baby, and the birthing companion together in a wonderful prenatal, perinatal and postnatal bonding experience.
- The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not just an onlooker.
- Reduces the risk of postnatal discomfort and the ‘baby blues’.
- Babies are often better adjusted and happier, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful, peaceful experience that Nature intended.